Donate

General Donations

All donations to New Hope Animal Rescue go directly towards helping animals through our various programs and general operating expenses. A donation to our general fund will be distributed with the first 30% going to our shelter fund and the remaining 70% being distributed as needed.

Donate to our general fund




Donate to our Rescue Fund

New Hope Animal Rescue takes in homeless and unwanted animals, provides food, medical care, spay or neutering, and then adopts these wonderful dogs and cats to forever homes.  All of this takes dedication and money. A donation to our rescue fund will help provide the food and medical care needed for these animals until their new home can be found.

Donate to our Rescue Fund




Donate to our Spay/Neuter Program

New Hope Animal Rescue sponsors a program to assist individuals and families on a limited income with the cost of spay/neuter for their animals.  One of the primary goals of NHAR is to educate on the importance of spay/neuter.  A donation to our limited income spay/neuter program will help prevent more homeless/unwanted animals.

Donate to our spay/neuter program




Donate to our Medical Emergency Program

New Hope Animal Rescue sponsors a program to assist individuals and families on a limited income with medical emergencies. Through this program we have been able to help keep many dogs and cats with their families who might have otherwise ended up in a kill shelter or been euthanized.

Donate to our Medical Emergency Program




Help Us Build Our No-Kill Shelter

In order to meet the needs of future animals, we are looking for property and raising funds to build a no-kill facility in the Putnam-Kanawha County area. Having our own a facility will allow us to help many more animals.

Contribute to our no-kill shelter fund




Donate Items to Help NHAR with Operating Costs

New Hope Animal Rescue is a completely volunteer managed 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Any donations of items to assist with our operating costs will be greatly appreciated. Items can be dropped off at Paws and Shop Thrift Store on Thursday and Saturday between 10am and 4pm. Our thrift store is located at 2806 Putnam Avenue in Hurricane, WV. If you wish to mail us a monetary donation, do not mail it to our Thrift Store address. Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 461, Scott Depot WV 25560

Items needed include:

Cat food (dry)
Kitten food (dry)
Cat litter (clay or scoopable)
Cat toys
Cat treats
Cat beds
Puppy food (dry)
Dog food (dry)
Dog toys
Dog treats
Dog harnesses and leashes
Stainless steel food and water bowls, all sizes
Laundry detergent (powder or liquid)
Bleach
Clorox Cleaner
Paper towels
Dish Washer detergent
8 1/2″ x 11″ white printer paper
8 1/2″ x 11″ colored printer paper
Postage Stamps
39 gallon (or larger) garbage bags
Large kitchen size garbage bags
Zip-Loc type storage bags, gallon, quart, sandwich and snack sizes
Gift cards (Petsmart, Wal-mart, Tractor Supply, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Staples)
Gas Cards

We also recycle used ink cartridges!

 

Donate Items to our Thrift Store

Items donated to our Paws and Shop Thrift Store will be priced and displayed for sale to the public. All proceeds go towards helping the animals. We are always accepting donations (except clothing and electronics) and as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, any donations are tax deductible. Items can be dropped off at Paws and Shop Thrift Store on Thursday and Saturday between 10am and 4pm. Our thrift store is located at 2806 Putnam Avenue in Hurricane, WV.